Vanilla, Cashew and Cardamom Granola
A simple vanilla granola with a bit of a twist! Cardamom isn’t a flavour for everyone as it’s got a bit if a kick, but it works so well with the vanilla and mild, creamy cashews!
- 2 1/2 cups oats*
- 1/4 cup sunflower margarine
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 4 cardamom pods
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 tbsp agave syrup
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Start by preheating the oven to 150C fan. Melt the margarine in a pan and stir in the agave syrup, sugar and vanilla essence until completely dissolved.
- Using a pestle and mortar crush the seeds from the 5 cardamom pods. This is optional but is a good idea to mix the flavour in throughout. In a large bowl mix the oats, cashews, cardamom and melted margarine mixture. Mix well until all combined and coated. Transfer to a lined baking tray and put in the oven for 15 minutes. Take out, stir the granola around and place back in the oven for a further 10-15 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and allow to cool before transferring to an air tight container.
- * To ensure this is gluten-free, use certified gluten-free oats
- This is delicious served with some fresh berries and vanilla soya yoghurt!