Energising Blueberry, Lemon and Ginger Smoothie
Whether it’s instinct or habit – it’s natural to wake up and crave a coffee. But if you really want to feel energised and ready to take on the day a great – and much healthier – alternative is this Blueberry, Lemon and Ginger Smoothie, bursting with flavour and goodness. The health benefits of ginger are insane – from easing stomach pains, nausea and digestion problems to helping lower your blood sugar – and this is an incredibly easy way to incorporate it into your diet. Give it a go!
- 2 apples, chopped - we used Braeburn
- 1 banana, peeled and chopped
- 1 inch cube of fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup apple juice
- Blend all of the ingredients in a blender/smoothie maker and enjoy!
- As lemon and ginger are quite strong flavours, you might want to play around with the amounts to suit your taste!