Winter-Spiced White Hot Cholocate
This hot chocolate is incredibly easy to make and will get you into the spirit of winter. As the weather gets colder it is great to have a warming, indulgent drink to hand and it may just get you feeling Christmassy too! Try this recipe out and then get experimenting with other spices and flavours, such as a pinch of ground cloves or a dash of orange essence.
- 320 ml dairy-free milk (we used almond)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- dollop of chilled coconut cream
- drizzle of dark chocolate sauce
- Combine the ingredients in a non-stick pan and heat gently until the sugar and spices have dissolved.
- Pour into two mugs and top with some coconut cream and a drizzle of dark chocolate sauce - we encourage you to be as messy as possible with this part!
- Enjoy with your favourite biscuit!
- Tastes great cold, too!
If you make this recipe, let us know! Take a photo and tag it #bgfy – we would love to take a look!