Spiced Apple and Cinnamon Drop Scones
These apple and cinnamon drop scones are not only quick to make but they’re ideal for days when you want something a little bit more special for breakfast or brunch. Sweet, spiced and squidgy, these drop scones are essentially small, fruity pancakes. Drizzle them with syrup and you’ve got yourself a decadent, filling dish.
Enjoy these apple and cinnamon drop scones freshly cooked, or alternatively, you can cook them to keep in the fridge for a few days. This means that when the craving strikes, you can easily pop them in the oven or back into a frying pan to reheat and get brunching in no time!
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg replacer egg (or flax egg)
- 1 small apple, peeled and grated
- 1/2 apple peeled and finely sliced
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- small pinch of nutmeg
- 150ml soya milk
- In a mixing bowl sift together the flour, sugar and spices. Add in the egg replacer egg, soya milk and vanilla essence and whisk well. Finally mix in the grated apple and spoon 1/4 cup of the mixture for each drop scone into a lightly oiled frying pan. Spread the mixture around a little and cook until golden brown on each side, on a medium heat.
- Top with the finely sliced apple, maple syrup and some icing sugar for decoration.
- These will keep in the fridge for a few days, so you can make them in advance if necessary!