The epitome of Christmas, the perfect festive snack, the humble mince pie. This recipe is very easy to veganise, in fact, many shop bought mince pies are already vegan. But that doesn’t mean it’s not worth making some of your own. What can beat homemade pies out the oven?
Try our Fruity Mincemeat to go with these!
- 500 g plain flour
- 175 g caster sugar
- 350 g sunflower
- grated peel of 2 oranges
- 1/2 orange (juiced)
- 1 jar of mincemeat (most supermarket brands are vegan, just make sure it is vegetable suet)
- Or see our Fruity Mincemeat Recipe.
- Add all of the pastry ingredients to a food processor and pulse until combined. Wrap in cling film and leave to chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190 C and transfer the pastry to a floured surface to roll out. Roll out thinly (about 1/3 cm thick), cut out shapes for the base of the pies and place in greased tray. Fill each with mincemeat and place on pastry lids. Cook for 15 minutes until slightly brown on top.
- These will keep in an airtight container for a couple of days. Or you can make the pastry in advance and keep in the fridge for a week.