Dark Choc and Orange Cheesecake for Two
With Valentine’s day just around the corner, now is the perfect time to put your cooking skills to use. This cheesecake is the perfect size for sharing and the rich chocolatey flavour combined with the crumbly biscuit base is sure to please.
- 150 g vegan cream cheese (such as Toffuti)
- 1 1/2 tbsp fine caster sugar
- 1/4 tsp orange essence
- 50 g dark chocolate, melted
- 50 g gluten-free digestive biscuits
- 20 g vegan margarine
- 1 tsp golden syrup
- soya cream
- 3 fresh strawberries
- Start by preparing the base; melt the margarine and golden syrup in a non-stick pan. Finely break up the biscuits and add to the margarine. Press firmly into a small tin (roughly 4" diameter). Place in the fridge to chill.
- For the topping, start by mixing together the cream cheese and sugar, followed by the orange essence and dark chocolate. If you don't fully mix it in then you will get a marbled effect.
- Spoon onto the base and place back in the fridge to set. Chill for at least 3 hours, but best chilled overnight. Serve with a drizzle of soya cream and some fresh strawberries.