Carrot Cake for Breakfast?
This breakfast is pretty decadent; ideal for birthdays, celebrations or…perhaps just a Sunday morning!
Carrot Cake Drop Scones
Contains: gluten, soya*
Write a review
- 1 1/3 cup self raising flour (or plain flour + 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda)
- 1/4 cup light muscovado sugar
- 1 egg replacer egg
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 3 rings pineapple, chopped
- 100 ml pineapple juice
- 50 ml soya milk*
- 1/4 tsp orange essence
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- vanilla soya yoghurt**
- dusting of cinnamon
- drizzle of agave syrup
- orange zest
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients, followed by the egg replacer, pineapple juice and soya milk. When the mixture is all combined, add in the grated carrot and chopped pineapple. Add a little oil to a non-stick frying pan on medium heat and spoon in 1/4 cup of the mixture for each drop scone.
- Serve in a stack with some yoghurt and agave syrup (or any other topping of your choice) and enjoy!
- If you can't eat them all at once, they taste great cold; cook them and keep them in the fridge for a couple of days.
- * to make these soya-free use almond or other dairy-free milk.
- ** omit or use other dairy-free yoghurt
Berry Good For You https://www.berry-good-for-you.com/
Please like and share: