Simple Cheesy Mushroom and Leek Spaghetti (Gluten-, Dairy-, Nut-, Soya- and Egg-Free!)
This very simple, tasty and ‘cheesy’ pasta dish is great for everyone! It’s incredibly low-fat but still delicious and full of flavour.
- 400 g gluten-free spaghetti
- 80 g sunflower margarine
- 4 tbsp cornflour
- 720 ml water
- 2 tsp vegetable powder (such as Bouillon or OXO)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsbp dried parsley
- 1 large leek
- 200 g punnet of white mushrooms
- Put the pasta in a large pan of boiling water and cook for 12 minutes. Whilst cooking (and occasionally stirring) chop the leek and mushrooms and add to a frying pan with a little oil. Fry on a medium-low heat.
- Whilst the vegetables and pasta are cooking, add the margarine to a large non-stick pan on a medium heat until melted. Add the cornflour and stir well until a thick paste has formed. Add the water in 4 separate lots, stirring until combined after each addition. Once you have a smooth sauce, add in the vegetable powder, garlic and parsley and then leave to simmer.
- Drain the pasta and top with the sauce, leek and mushrooms. Add a little pepper and vegan cheese to serve.