Simple Summer Leek Soup
Using new potatoes and asparagus lightens up the traditional leek and potato combination, making this soup more of a summer dish.
- 400g of asparagus
- 400g new potatoes
- 3 large leeks
- 2 tsp Bouillon Swiss vegetable powder (or more according to taste)
- 5 cups of boiling water
- Wash the potatoes and slice them fairly thinly (so that they cook a little quicker), add them to a large pan on a high heat, along with the boiling water. Cover with the lid and boil for 5 minutes. Chop up the leeks and asparagus and add to the pan with the vegetable stock powder.
- Cover again and cook for a further 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and ladle into a blender – blend until smooth. Depending on what type of blender you have it is often a good idea to allow the mixture to cool before blending!
- Serve with a splash of soya cream and some cracked black pepper!
- * to make this soya-free omit the soya cream.