Easy Chilli Sin Carne
This is a great vegan, vegetarian alternative to the classic Chilli Con Carne. You still get a delicious flavour and plenty of spice with this incredibly simple chilli recipe. We’ve added crunchy, spiced chickpeas and some mashed avocado to make this dish even more delicious.
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- half punnet white mushrooms
- 1 small red onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup sweetcorn
- 1 tsp hot chilli powder, dill, paprika and cumin
- 1/2 tin baked beans
- 1/2 tin kidney, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and dried
- 1/4 tsp salt, cumin, hot chilli powder, dill, garlic powder, paprika
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 avocado, mashed
- Preheat the oven to 200C fan. Drain, rinse and dry the contents of a can of chickpeas and add to a bowl along with the olive oil and spices. Transfer to a baking tray and put in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the peppers, onion and mushrooms into fairly large pieces. Heat a generous splash of olive oil in a a large, heavy-bottomed pan and add the vegetables. Fry for 5 minutes and then add the garlic clove, sweetcorn and spices. After a further 5 minutes, add the baked beans, kidney beans and chopped tomatoes. Simmer for 10 minutes on a low heat with the lid on.
- Serve with the crunchy chickpeas, mashed avocado and a side of rice, tortilla chips or in a burrito. Enjoy piping hot.