Creamy Nutmeg and Oyster Mushroom Pasta
You don’t have to use dairy cream and cheese to create a decadent pasta dish, using silken tofu will give you the thickness you are after and it is a great base for other flavours, so it’s time to get out the spices for this dish!
- 240 ml rice or soya cream
- 6 tbsp silken tofu
- 1/2 tsp of the following herbs and spices
- - oregano
- - parsley
- - onion powder
- - paprika
- - nutmeg
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 tsp chilli (optional)
- 150 g dried pasta
- 1/2 punnet oyster mushrooms, cut into strips
- In a food processor, blend the sauce ingredients together and set aside.
- Meanwhile, add the pasta to a pan of boiling water and cook for 10-12 minutes (or according to pack instructions). About 5 minutes before the pasta is cooked, start frying the mushrooms; add some olive oil to a non-stick frying pan and heat for 1 minute before adding the oyster mushrooms. Fry until they start to go slightly crisp. Turn the heat down completely to keep warm whilst you drain the pasta and mix in the sauce.
- When the sauce is hot, serve. Add the mushrooms on top of the pasta along with a sprinkle of nutmeg, parsley and your favourite vegan cheese.