White Chocolate and Blueberry Blondies
Joining the ranks next to “where do you get your protein?” And “don’t plants have feelings?” Is the idea that a vegan diet is restrictive and boring…
It’s recipes like this one that really blow myths like that out of the water!
- 5 tbsp vegan margarine
- 150g vegan white chocolate
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 egg replacer eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 200g blueberries
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Start by preheating the oven to 180C and lining a tray (roughly 10" by 5") with baking paper.
- In a small bowl, melt the margarine in a microwave, chop the chocolate into small chunks and add to the melted margarine (leave a little to one side), stir until all the chocolate has melted and you are left with a smooth consistency.
- Transfer to a larger bowl and add the sugar, vanilla essence and egg alternatives. In a separate bowl, sift the flour with the baking powder and salt. Combine the two and mix well.
- Finally fold in the blueberries, transfer to your baking tray and top with the left-over white chocolate. The consistency will be quite thick so you might need to spread it around the tray a little.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, to check it is cooked, poke with a skewer or fork - if it comes out clean then they are ready! Take out the oven and allow to cool before cutting them into squares.
- These keep well in the fridge, in an airtight container - although it's unlikely they will keep for long!