April 12, 2015
Oatmeal, Cranberry and Choc Cookies
How about some warm, gooey cookies fresh out of the oven? These oatmeal cookies are full of juicy cranberries and chunky chocolate chips, enjoy!
Oatmeal Cranberry and Choc Cookies
Contains: gluten, soya*
Write a review
- 3/4 cups vegan margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup soya milk*
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 50 g dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup glacé cherries (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (fan). In a large bowl, beat together the sugar, margarine, vanilla and dairy-free milk. The mixture will look curdled but that will go when you add in the flour, so don't worry! Sift the flour and salt together, before combining with the wet mixture. This will make a cake-like batter.
- Slowly mix in the dried fruit, chocolate and oats. Spoon a generous tablespoon onto a tray (lined with greaseproof paper). Press down and shape slightly to neaten. Bake for 10-12 minutes. They should still be quite soft when they come out but they will firm up as they cool. Wait until cooled before taking them off the baking tray.
- If you have any spare chocolate, melt it in a non-stick pan and drizzle over the cooled cookies. Enjoy!
- These keep well for a few days in an airtight container.
- * to make this soya-free use a different dairy alternative
By Berry Good for You
Berry Good For You http://www.berry-good-for-you.com/