Tomato Falafel Burger with Roasted Veg
This is a filling, tasty and protein-packed burger with a crisp, golden outer shell. We popped these burgers in bagels for a delicious lunch but they’d make a great go-to option for barbecues in the summer months!
Tomato Falafel and Roasted Veg Burger
Write a review
FOR THE FALAFEL BURGER
- 250 g chickpeas, drained and rinsed from a 400 g tin
- 1/2 small onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp plain flour*
FOR THE ROASTED VEG
- 2 red peppers
- 1 large aubergine
- olive oil,
FOR THE TOPPING
- vegan mayonnaise
- a generous dollop of hummus
- a handful of fresh, chopped chives
- Preheat the oven to 220 C. Cut the peppers into quarters and the aubergine into discs. Add to a large baking tray and toss with olive oil and seasoning. Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the falafel burger ingredients in a food processor and pulse until virtually smooth (a little texture is nice). Shape the mixture into 4, relatively thin burgers.
- Heat some olive oil in a non-stick frying pan and add the burgers. Fry for a few minutes on each side, or until they turn golden.
- Serve in a burger bun, bagel or bread** with some salad, the roasted pepper and aubergine. Top with a dollop of hummus, squeeze of vegan mayonnaise and some freshly chopped chives.
- * Use gluten-free flour alternative such as cornflour, buckwheat or rice
- ** Use gluten-free bread if required
- These will keep for 2-3 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
Berry Good For You http://www.berry-good-for-you.com/
Please like and share: