Chickpea Mash and Avo Sandwich
Whether you’re heading to work and in need of a tasty packed lunch or if you’re just looking for some inspiration to save you from the dreaded, boring jam sandwich, then don’t panic! This recipe combines lots of different flavours and textures to make it deliciously different from your regular sandwich choices…
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and mashed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 slices of bread
- 1 large avocado, thinly sliced
- sun-dried tomatoes
- spinach (optional, or other choice of salad)
- vegan mayo
- crispy onion pieces
- cracked black pepper (optional)
- Mix all of the ingredients together for the chickpea mash and spread onto the bread.
- Add the avocado, sun-dried tomatoes and spinach (or other salad, if using) to the sandwiches. Top them off with a squeeze of vegan mayo, a sprinkle of crispy onion pieces and a twist of cracked black pepper.
- Enjoy right away or pop them in the fridge for later!
- * To make this recipe gluten-free, omit the crispy onion pieces and use gluten-free bread.
- p.s if you haven't tried crispy onion pieces before, then go and buy some now! They are a great addition to most meals, as they add texture and flavour!